Sunday, January 8, 2012

Switched by Amanda Hocking -Review




Amanda Hocking is probably my favorite author of the moment. I’ve read the Trylle Series a few times but I decided that I needed to reread them and put them up on the blog to encourage anyone I could to read them! I’m doing so now because the Trylle series is being published in paperback this spring and so even if you don’t have an ereader, you’ll be able to enjoy these awesome stories.

Switched is the first book in a series of three (Torn and Ascend are the second and third installments of the Trylle books). This story follows Wendy who has never quite fit in with her family. The only one who seems to agree with her is her mother, who happened to try and kill her when she was six. Wendy soon finds out that she is in fact a troll, and not the type of troll you’re thinking of (bright pink hair and a rhinestone bellybutton came to mind). The Trylle are a tribe of trolls that are more or less humans that have abilities and are more in tune with nature. Wendy is thrown into a world where she is expected to act as royalty and forget the family that raised her. Of course there is a sexy male lead, Finn, who struggles with his duty to protect Wendy and his feelings for her. This book ends with a bang and will make you start on book two immediately!


This series is awesome and I recommend that anybody who loves to read pick them up. The original eBooks that I purchased on Amazon had some typos and a few technical errors; I’m hoping the paperback editions will have fixed the issues. Because this story was so amazing, I looked past the errors and found a book that was unique and mesmerizing. You fall in love the heroine Wendy and Hocking writes in a way that makes you wonder what you would do if you found out you were a troll princess! Not only are these books coming to paperback starting in January, but the Trylle series has also been optioned as a film. Not much information has been released yet about the film option so I’m guessing it will be a long way off, but it’s pretty exciting to think about!

9 out of 10

Available (again) on Ebook and paperback:
Switched – January 2012
Torn – February 28, 2012
Ascend – April 24,

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Have you read the Watersong series by Amanda Hocking? I love them. The Trylle series sounds great too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually didn't get all the way through Watersong. I didn't like it as much as I liked the Trylle series and Hocking's other early series. I'm glad to hear that you liked it too!

    ReplyDelete