Friday, January 20, 2012

Hollowland by Amanda Hocking - Review



This was my first zombie book and let me say, I was a bit hesitant to start. I have no idea why, but the blood and gore associated with zombies freaked me out (which is a little strange considering my attraction to vampire stories…). With Hollowland, I once again put my faith in Amanda Hocking and I was not disappointed.

Hollowland follows Remy King on a quest across what is left of the future United States after a zombie disease took hold of much of America’s population. Remy and her unlikely friends including an ex Rock star, a medical student, and lion named Ripley, battle zombies on their way to find Remy’s brother. He's  been moved from their previous quarantine center to a safer location and they must fight through the wasteland that is the U.S. to reach saftey. Everyone knows that Remy’s brother is extremely sick and fragile but no one expects the truth… which you’ll have to read the book to find!


If you’re someone who loves to just jump right in without the descriptive back-story, then this book is for you. The mysterious circumstances surrounding Remy’s brother definitely turn this book into a page-turner (or button pusher as this book is only available as an eBook). This book won’t take you long to get through and is definitely worth the read. As I’ve said before with a few of Hocking’s self-published books, there are some technical errors. A few spelling mistakes here or there and some missed punctuation, but if you can get past that this book is great. Hocking also has a sequel to Hollowland called Hollowmen also exclusively for ebook.

6 out of 10

Happy Reading :)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment