Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare - Review


As to be expected, Clockwork Prince was absolutely amazing! It has been a long time since I’ve felt such strong emotions during a book. I fell in love with all of the characters through out a tale that I can only describe as heart wrenching. I felt highs and I felt lows throughout this story that is essentially a battle for the characters to find happiness on the paths that they've chosen.  When I say that there are highs and lows, I’m not kidding around. I cried, I laughed and I may have yelled at a character or two during the course of my reading.

In this installment of The Infernal Devices series, Clare presents a story of the Shadowhunters we met in Clockwork Angel as they dive further into the mystery behind the Magister's automations. The love triangle between Jem, Tessa and Will escalates and if you haven’t decided whether you are team Jem or team Will by now, this book will definitely force a choice on you (in a good way).


For those readers who thought that Clockwork Angel didn’t have enough of Jem, you are in luck because we find out much more about Jem and his past. For those who are team Will (this girl included), you will not be disappointed with what we find out about the brooding and mysterious Will and his past.

This book was well worth the wait! In fact, I was so completely taken by it, my moods turned black when I had to stop reading and attend social functions… everyday I am thankful for my boyfriend who understands my “quirky” attachment to books as he puts up with my sour attitude all because I wasn’t able to read one more chapter.

To wrap up my little rant, I just want to tell you once more that this book was simply amazing. I'm sure it's going to take me a little while to get into another book for the sheer fact that I will not be reading Clockwork Princess.

10 out of 10

Happy Reading :)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment