Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare - Review


I was a little slow on the uptake of The Mortal Instruments series; they came out before my policy of not taking one person’s negative opinion of a book into account before reading. Thus, City Of Bones sat on my shelf for a long while before I picked it up. Eventually, The Mortal Instruments became one of my favorite series.  Once I began reading Clockwork Angel, I soon fell in love with the characters and their world and I’m eagerly awaiting the next books in both of the series (like most of the YA fiction lovers of the world).


As I said before, I read The Mortal Instruments books prior to The Infernal Devices books and I was very excited to start reading this prequel because of the 1800’s London setting and the steampunk theme. Clockwork Angel is the first in a series of three novels (the second, Clockwork Prince, has taken up shop on my side table, waiting to be opened tonight!). Clockwork Angel follows the adventures of Tessa, a young American girl who journeys across the Atlantic to meet her brother after the death of their Aunt. Tessa meets a host of new friends and finds out that her world, and she herself, are far different than she could ever have imagined. Clare’s prequel promises Shadowhunters, vampires, warlocks, new characters to the Shadowhunter world, and even some that will be familiar to those who have read The Mortal Instruments.

This book was written in Clare’s typical fashion, a fast paced, action and romance-filled story that makes you never want to stop reading. There is a love triangle between the three main characters, Jem, Will and Tessa and Clare makes it her mission for you to follow along with Tessa and fall for both of them. Clockwork Angel is well organized, has unforeseeable twists and turns and leaves the reader completely immersed in the atmosphere of 1800’s London. This is a must read for anyone who has read Cassandra Clare’s other books… and well just anyone!

8 out of 10

Happy Reading :)

Photobucket

2 comments: