Monday, January 9, 2012

Carrier Of The Mark By Leigh Fallon - Review


After reading a few very positive reviews for this book, I was worried that my high expectations would ruin the book for me. As it turns out, Carrier Of The Mark met and exceeded my expectations and I couldn’t put the book down!

Fallon’s story follows a young American girl who moves to Ireland from the United States. She and her father have been moving around every few years since her mom passed away and she was hoping that this move might keep them in one place long enough for her to finish high school with some friends. Megan starts school and seems to be adjusting well to Irish life… that is until she sees Adam. Her draw to Adam is unlike anything she’s ever felt before and from his acts of clumsiness and constant staring, she believes that he is feeling the same way. Soon, Megan becomes entangled in a new life with a vast history in which she struggles to find her place.


While I thought at first that this book was following the lines of Twilight a little too closely, after reading further I decided that this book is very unique. Fallon gives a new take on magic in her first novel and pulls readers into a story that is riddled with romance, action and of course, magic. When I finished reading, I had to see if there were more books to come and as it turns out, Fallon has two other books in the works for this trilogy! Sadly, we do have to wait until early 2013. For more information, check out her website! http://leighfallon.com/index.php

7 out of 10

Also Available As eBook
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Leigh, thanks for checking out my review! I can't wait for your next book to come out! Keep 'em coming :)

    ReplyDelete