Thursday, September 27, 2012

Grey Eyes (Forever Trilogy, #1) by B.Alston and Quinteria Ramey - Review


It's been a long time since I've posted a review with things being so crazy, but I made time to read this little nugget and I'm pretty happy that I did. I found comfort in this quick and easy little eBook! Sometimes, I'm just in the mood to read something that I don't have to think too hard about!


Grey Eyes is the first book in the Forever Trilogy and it tells the story of a young girl named Anastasia Adams. Anastasia and her mother have been on the run for as long as she can remember. Living out of a suitcase is okay as long as she's got her mother with her, even though she is never tells her daughter why they have to move so much. One day, her worst fears are realized and with the fear that her mother is dead on her shoulders, she escapes and finds herself in a world like she never imagined herself to be a part of. Suddenly she's immersed into a world of privilege... and the super natural.

This book wasn't the best book ever written, lets start with that. It's one of those books that wasn't too carefully edited (at least the version that I read) but I fell in love with the story and the characters. I've read a few other reviews saying that it reminded them of Amanda Hocking's Switched, and I will definitely have to agree with that. That being said, it was a unique story unto itself and while it did have some similarities to the Trylle series, it was that characters that really made the story for me.

Anastasia is such a strong character and I like that in my leading lady's. She's had a lot happen in her life and she's got pressure from all angles, she's still strong and has good morals, which was refreshing to read. I also liked the male characters as well. I won't give too much away and ruin the story but Anastasia must choose between the boy in her present that she's falling fast and hard for and a mysterious stranger who tells her of a tragic and romantic past that they continue to replay, over and over through time! (How romantic is that?!) I will say that this aspect of the story really appealed to me. I'm a sucker for a tragic story of star-crossed lovers and so that part of Grey Eyes really did it for me!

This story has action, adventure and romance and overall, this book was just what I needed in my slump! I enjoyed it and will definitely be reading the next installments soon. Who wouldn't when this one is free on Amazon right now!?

7 out of 10

Happy Reading :)


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Ohh, this book sounds interesting. I'm a sucker for tragic love stories too! I also agree on the whole "not having to think much" books. I've been drowning lately when it comes to managing both my full time job, reading and reviewing. I might be better off throwing in a couple shorter novels like this. The editing problems would probably irk the heck out of me so I'll keep this one in the back of my mind and wait to see if another edition comes out. Great review! thanks for introducing this book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love little gems! I still haven't read Switched, ahh! I really like star crossed lovers as well. It's an oldie but a goodie :D Great review, I will definitely be checking this out more.

    ReplyDelete