Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Best Summer Reads



Here on the east coast, it's a very rainy Tuesday. So what better TopTen to feature than our favorite summer reads. Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme/feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Maybe our list of sunshine reads will bring back the sun for our last few weeks of summer!

1. Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling

2. Breath (Sea Breeze, #1) by  Abbi Glines

3. Crave (The Clan, #1) by Melissa Darnell
4. Unbroken (Cedar Cove, #1) by Melody Grace

5. Spellbound (Spellbound, #1) by Cara Lynn Schultz
6. Can You Keep a Secret by Sophie Kinsella
7. The Goddess Test (Goddess Test, #1) by Aimee Carter
8. Switched (Trylle, #1) by Amanda Hocking
9. Beautiful Creatures (Castor Chronicles, #1) by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

10. Tempting the Best Man by J. Lynn



This is more of a compelation that a ranked list, but Jess and I both agreed without argument that Harry Potter is always a go to read for the summer. Whether you are re-reading or remember past summers of midnight book releases and rushing to finish the lastest installment, those books will always be what I reach for on a hot summer day.


 


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I totally need to start Switched. It's on my list, and I've been dying to read an Amanda Hocking book. I need to make some time and do it this summer :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really loved the Switched series by Amanda Hocking. I'm also a fan of her zombie eBooks and her books about vampires. I would stay clear of her Wake series though. For some reason I just couldn't get into them! Merfolk is clearly a hard topic for YA authors to tackel.

      Delete