Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Walking Disaster (Beautiful, #2) by Jaime McGuire - ARC Review


I was pretty excited when I got approved for this ARC to review. I really enjoyed reading Beautiful Disaster when it came out and as a Travis Maddox lover, I couldn’t wait to get inside of his sexy, tattooed brain.


Walking Disaster follows the same exact plot line as Beautiful Disaster, but this time, it’s told from Travis’s point of view. We see most of the same scenes that were in the first book, but also some additional ones where we see Travis getting into trouble on his own and get to dig a little deeper into his mind.

It’s hard to explain how I felt reading this book but I think this is the best way to tell you: I love re-reading books. It’s one of my favorite things to do. On those days where I’m sick or upset or flying in an airplane (I’m a nervous flyer) Harry Potter, Twilight and the Mortal Instruments comfort me. I relive those stories that I've read a million times but still love because they’re books that have a special place in my heart. These books are also very well written and so they have a high quality re-read value.


 BeautifulDisaster was a romance book that I did really enjoy, but not one I’d re-read very often. That being said, reading the same story from Travis’s point of view was a little anticlimactic. I liked the same parts that liked in BeautifulDisaster, and got bored at the same points. Don't’ get me wrong, I enjoyed my time reading, but it didn’t blow my socks off. Now if you gave me a Harry Potter book told from Hermione’s point of view or if Stephanie Meyer ever releases Midnight Sun, telling Twilight from Edward’s point of view, I’d enjoy it a lot more than I did Walking Disaster. Those high quality books and characters that have such big personalities, I’d love to get inside their heads.


A really cool feature of the story is that we get an glimpse into the married life of Travis and Pigeon. Readers get to travel to the future and see where our lovely characters end up, and that made the story really come to a close nicely.

 I'm not really sure what I was expecting from Walking Disaster, but I had at least hoped that there would be more pizzazz to the story that what I was given. If you were a fan of Beautiful Disaster, definitely give this a try. You may be unlike me and fall in love with the series all over again , but I was just slightly unexpectedly bored.

6 out of 10


Happy Reading :)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment