Sunday, July 1, 2012

Fifty Shades Freed (Fifty Shades #3) by E.L. James - Review


And here we are. I've finally finished this infamous trilogy and I have to say, I'm very pleased with how things were ended. In previous reviews for both Fifty Shades of Grey and Fifty Shades Darker, I was addicted to the sereis amid some confusion on my part. Why do I even like these Twilight-y and raunchy books? I don't really have an answer to that question but I do know that I really enjoyed Fifty Shades Freed and I find myself content and all mushy inside after finishing it.


Honestly, what synopses can I give for this finale without ruining both books one and two? Through out this book, Anastasia and Christian contend to fight and work out their relationship. Who ever said love was easy? Especially when you love a billionaire, with an intimacy phobia and an obcession with BDSM... It seems that the worst of their problems may not be their stubbornness and sexual tenancies. There are threats to their lives that are out of their control and Ana must take fate into her own hands to make her relationship work and to save the lives of those she loves.

In this one, I really fell in love with Christian. He still had his twitchy palm moments that made me question my love, but overall I fell head over heals. There was more of a vulnerability to him in Freed than the other two stories and it was hard not to find his innocence and troubled soul endearing. Ana also kicked some butt in this one, quite literally. She came into her own in this book and not only stood up to her enemies, but found a way to stand up to Christian as well.

While these books are not expertly written, I got past that in book three and was constantly smiling at Ana and Grey's constant witty banter via email and it had me wishing I had my own kinky Mr. Grey to email while I'm working. A girl can dream, right? I also enjoyed how James skimmed through certain scenes in the book. There were not as many nonsensical, overly explained scenes and that helped the book move along at a better pace, which I liked better than the other books.

Freed more like a typical romance novel that I'm used to reading a la Robyn Carr and Sandra Brown, but with a little more of a modern twist and of course, a lot more kinky. It was refreshing and I read Freed in two sittings.

While the book was pretty predictable at times (Twilight part deux), I couldn't help but enjoy the ride. I was invested in their fifty shades of !#$%ed up relationship and I couldn't wait to see them happy. If you've started Fifty Shades of Grey, keep reading to get to Fifty Shades Freed. It's worth the read with all it's cheesy lines, lovey-dovey plot and the kinky. Who knew a book like this could make a girl get all sentimental?

7 out of 10

Happy Reading!

Laters ;)
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I loved the book Fifty Shades Of Grey. I am so glad i enjoyed Christian and Ana's story. I like EL James

    ReplyDelete