Friday, June 22, 2012

Liebster Blog Award!



Well my day started off on an awesome note this morning! I was nominated by The Book Lover's Report for the Liebster Blog Award! Which is pretty exciting if I do say so myself. If you're unfamiliar with the Liebster Award, this is a special award where bloggers who have under $200 followers can be nominated by other award winners!

Now there are some rules...

Rules:

1. Each person/blogger tells eleven facts about themselves/ answers the questions the other blogger posted (you'll see what I mean in a minute).
2. Answer the eleven questions the tagger (blogger who nominated me) has posted, and then give eleven questions for the people you tagged.
3. Choose eleven people to tag and link to them in the post 
4. Alert them to your tagging
5. No tag backs.
6. Thank the blogger who nominated you.



My Fun Facts!
  1.  My favorite color is green.
  2. I'm a Michigan State Spartan alumni (Go Green!)
  3. I'm extremely ambitious when it comes to Pinterest crafts but to date, I've only crafted one thing.
  4. My best friends nickname is Mucki, but her real name is Patrizia which isn't any easier to say or remember than  Mucki.
  5. I have a cat named Sirius Black and a dog named Spector. My fun fact is that as a self-professed cat lady, I often times wonder why they don't sell wine at Petsmart. 
  6. I love quotes and while most of them aren't the inspirational kind, each one has something to do with books, reading or having a love affair with a library.
  7. Catch phrase at the moment: "Nerd Alert!"
  8. I moved every three years as a kid and so I've lived a lot of really cool places.
  9. I'm a huge country music fan and get made fun of for my slight southern accent (see my pronunciation of oil, Virginia and you all)
  10. The coolest place I've ever visited is Phuket, Thailand when I was a kid and I'd love to visit even more places in Southeast Asia.
  11. I majored in East Asian Languages and Cultures at MSU and I get a lot of weird looks when I speak Chinese (says the little blonde).


Questions from The Book Lover's Report!

1. How long have you been blogging?  About 6 months and loving it :)

2. Where are you from? I was born in North Carolina, but I'm currently living in Michigan.

3. Do you have any ARCs or Galleys right now? What are they? I do! I just finished The Goddess Legacy by Aimee Carter and I also have... The Blood Keeper by Tessa Gratton, Dark Kiss by Michelle Rowen and a couple others but those are the ones I'm most excited about :)

4. Where would you go, if you could go anywhere in the world? I would love to go to Greece. I'm a huge mythology fanatic and I'd love to be a tourist there... fanny pack included.

5. What made you want to blog about books? I love to read and I wanted a way to record what I read. Also, I wanted to get better at writing. I've always wanted to write, but I've always been working on term papers and essays so my blog is sort of like an outlet for creative writing :)

6. What's your favorite book quote? This is a tough one. As stated in my fun facts, I'm quote whore so I'm going to pick one of my favorites at random... "One must always be careful of books and what is inside of them, for words have the power to change us." - Clockwork Angel, Cassandra Clare

7. What's your favorite color? Green!

8. If you could talk to anybody (no matter if they're dead or alive), who would it be and why? If I could talk to anyone it would probably be Emma Watson. I know that's nerdy and weird and you were probably expecting me to say Ernest Hemingway or J.R.R. Tolkien but Emma is my age and she's done some pretty amazing things with her life. I feel like anytime I see her do interviews, I just want to have a little chat with her. She seems pretty cool. 

9. What's your favorite food? That's a big question. I'd say second to my love of books, is food. I love to eat. Because I'm originally from the south, as is my family, I'd have to say seafood. I mean good seafood that you get from a little hole in the wall restaurant off of the beach that only locals know about. Ugh, I'm dying. 

10. What's your favorite book? Another tough one. I love reading Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling. In all honesty, I think I could read it all day. But, my all time favorite book is The First Adventure by Tamora Pierce in the Alanna series. Huge fan of Miss Pierce.

11. How many books are you currently reading and what are they? Tonight, I will be staring Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo and I'm currently reading the Infernal Devices series as well. Cassandra Clare comforts me :)

And I will nominate...
Lastly, my questions for my nominees:

1. Where is the coolest place you've ever traveled?
2. What is the craziest thing you've ever done?
3. How long have you been blogging?
4. What book are you most excited about coming out in 2013?
5. What's your favorite YA series?
6. What's your favorite book quote?
7. Who is your favorite author?
8. What's your favorite breakfast food?
9. What is the best thing about blogging?
10. Have you ever met any of your favorite authors?
11. What are you planning on reading next?

Photobucket

1 comment: