Monday, January 28, 2013

The Goddess Inheritance (Goddess Test, #3) by Aimee Carter - ARC Review


I am so excited to have gotten an advanced copy of The Goddess Inheritance. I’ve been waiting for this finale for a long time and I have to say, I wasn’t disappointed. I’ll try and make this review as spoiler free as possible for those who haven’t taken a dive into The Goddess series.
This epic finale is just that... epic. Never have a read a finale to a series that was this action packed. Normally it’s a little bit of action thrown in with a whole lot of loose ends being tied up. In TGI, the characters are constantly at battle, getting captured and plotting to get their loved ones home safe. I could barely keep up with the fast pacing of this book and I read it in one sitting.

When I began reading TGI, I had forgotten how much I like how Carter begins her books. She starts out in the middle of a conversation that has you a tad bit confused and works her way backwards. In that way, you get more information and you begin to click the pieces of her intricate puzzle into place. We start with a conversation between Ava and Walter that has us confused about allegiance, Kate’s well being and which members of the council really know what’s going on. Carter's particular way of immersing her readers in the story is unique and creates a need that has readers never wanting to put the book down.

Carter doesn’t spare our hearts in this one guys. She is not afraid to take the lives of the characters we love most with an ending so climactic that it really felt like you were in the middle of a battle of the Gods!

I was a bit worried that this would be another book in the series where we didn’t get to see any of Henry and to an extent that was true. We get to see more of the ruler of the Underworld than we have in past books, but not enough for my liking. If I had one complaint about the series as a whole, that would be it. We see more of Kate and James together than we do the Kate and her husband… which I won’t complain about because I really, really liked James. He became a big favorite of mine, especially after reading his section of Carter’s previous novella in the series The Goddess Legacy. James and Kate have a fun relationship and seeing them interact reminded me of my best friend.

Overall, I loved this series and The Goddess Inheritance was a great way to end it. I’m a huge fan of Greek Mythology retellings and Carter is one of the few that does it right. With the perfect amount of passion, romance, betrayal and deceit, The Goddess Test series is one you can’t miss out on.

9 out of 10

Happy Reading :)

Haven’t started the series yet? Check out my reviews for the rest of the books in the series!

The Goddess Test (The Goddess Test, #1)
The Goddess Hunt (The Goddess Test, #1.5)
Goddess Interrupted (The Goddess Test, #2)
The Goddess Legacy (The Goddess Test, #2.5)


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I've never thought about it, but you are right, it is always interesting when one happens into the middle of a conversation. What an excellent detail to focus on for the review.

    Since I've not read any of the previous books, I think I'm more apt to start at the beginning, but I enjoyed the review and really like the cover.

    ReplyDelete